The Alamo Commutes “Fall in Love With your Commute” Challenge is designed to reduce traffic, improve air quality and promote carpooling by recognizing new and veteran carpoolers. Record your carpool, vanpool or eligible rideshare trips on Alamo Commutes between February 14 – March 15 and you’ll be entered to win $300 worth of cash prizes!
Meet your match – your carpool match, that is! Create a free account with Alamo Commutes to find your carpool match. If you already have an Alamo Commutes account, congrats! You’re almost there.
Once you’ve set up your Alamo Commutes profile, find the carpool partner that works for you. You can filter your matches by employer, gender and schedule. If you have trouble finding a match, widen your search radius or search “on the way”.
Once you’ve found your carpool partner, record your carpool trip on either the Alamo Commutes website or mobile app. If you already have a carpool, just keep recording your trips! If you’ve recorded at least one carpool trip within the challenge timeframe, you’ll be entered to win one of six $50 Visa gift cards.
Rules & Guidelines
- Challenge Period: The Challenge will begin on February 14, 2020 and end at midnight on March 14, 2020. Trips must be recorded on Alamo Commutes before midnight on March 14 in order to be eligible.
- Eligibility: In order to be eligible, participants must work or live in any county within the Alamo Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (AAMPO) study area, which includes Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe and Kendall County.
- Entry Method: Participants must log carpool trips using the Alamo Commutes website or mobile app as seen on www.alamocommutes.org/rewards.
- Eligible transportation modes include carpool trips, vanpool trips and certain rideshare trips such as Uber Pool or Lyft Line. Trips may be taken as part of your commute, work-related or other personal reason. While other transportation modes can be recorded on Alamo Commutes, the “Fall in Love With your Commute” Challenge will only recognize carpools as eligible trips. By logging your carpool trips on Alamo Commutes, participants are ensuring that their recorded trips are factual.
- Prizes: In addition to the regular rewards offered through Alamo Commutes, carpoolers will be eligible for additional prizes. Alamo Commutes will be providing a total of $300 in prizes, divided into six $50 Visa gift cards that will be emailed to winners.
- Alamo Commutes users that have recorded their first carpool trip within the challenge timeframe will be entered into a drawing to win one of three $50 Visa gift cards. New carpool participants are defined as Alamo Commutes users who have recorded their first carpool or vanpool trip during the specified period.
- Alamo Commutes users who have recorded at least one carpool trip within the challenge timeframe will be entered into a drawing to win one of three $50 Visa gift cards.
- In the event that not enough Alamo Commutes users have recorded their first carpool trip within the challenge timeframe, veteran carpoolers (as defined in 5.b) will be entered into the drawing for the remaining gift cards.
- Terms and Conditions:
- Winners must agree to share their first name, employer (if listed) and provide a photo to be used on AAMPO social media channels, newsletters and other marketing materials as publicity for the challenge. Winners must also answer a survey provided by Alamo Commutes.
- Winners will be notified using the email associated with their Alamo Commutes account. If the potential winner does not respond within five business days, they will forfeit their prize and another drawing will be conducted of eligible users.
- The Alamo Area Metropolitan Planning Organization and its associated partners and vendors are released from any liability regarding challenge participation.
If you have any questions, email Lily Lowder at firstname.lastname@example.org.