Instead of driving out for a meal, pack your lunch and earn rewards! The Alamo Commutes Brown Bag Lunch Challenge rewards commuters for brown bagging their lunch – either by eating at home while telecommuting or packing their lunch for work. Brown bagging your lunch averts car emissions at lunchtime when the sun is hottest and likelier to form unhealthy smog.
Record your brown bag lunches on Alamo Commutes between March 1 – 31 and you’ll be entered to win $300 worth of cash prizes! Plus, snap a picture of your brown bag lunch with the #BrownBagChallenge and you’ll be entered to win! Social media participants will be entered to win a $50 gift card and an Alamo Commutes lunch bag.
Create a free account with the Alamo Commutes app or website to create a profile and begin recording your lunches. In order to be eligible, make sure that you’ve included an updated email address as well as your employer.
If you already have an Alamo Commutes account, congrats! You’re almost there.
Once you’ve set up your Alamo Commutes profile, go to “Trips” select “Record a Trip”. Select “New Trip”, then “Brown Bag”. Select “Every week” to record your trips automatically, like if you bring your lunch to work every day.
Once you’ve started recording your brown bag lunches, you’re done! You can also redeem your points for other prizes and rewards.
If you’ve recorded at least one brown bag lunch within the challenge timeframe, you’ll be entered to win one of six $50 Visa gift cards.
Social Media Challenge
Alamo Commutes will conduct a special drawing using social media entries. From March 1-31, snap a picture of you enjoying your brown bag lunch and use the #BrownBagChallenge. Each eligible post counts as one entry. Tag @AlamoAreaMPO on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and you’ll be entered to an Alamo Commutes lunch bag and $50 gift card!
Rules & Guidelines
- Challenge Period: The Challenge will begin on March 1, 2021 and end at midnight on March 31, 2021. Trips must be recorded on the Alamo Commutes app or website before midnight on March 31 in order to be eligible. Pictures must be posted on social media within the challenge timeframe.
- Eligibility: In order to be eligible, participants must live in any county within the Alamo Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (AAMPO) study area, which includes Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe and Kendall County.
- Entry Method: Participants must log their brown bag lunches using the Alamo Commutes website or mobile app as seen on www.alamocommutes.org/rewards. For the social media challenge, only pictures posted on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram will be eligible as these are the only platforms used by the Alamo Area MPO.
- Eligible brown bag lunches include bringing your lunch while working onsite or working from home, or walking/biking to pick up your lunch. Driving to pick up lunch is not considered brown bag lunching.
- Prizes: In addition to the regular rewards offered through Alamo Commutes, choosing to pack your lunch makes you eligible for additional prizes. Alamo Commutes will be providing a total of $300 in prizes, divided into six $50 Visa gift cards that will be emailed to winners. Five gift cards will be distributed to users that have recorded at least one brown bag lunch during the challenge timeframe on Alamo Commutes. One gift card will be distributed to the winner of the social media challenge.
- Terms and Conditions:
- Winners must agree to share their first name, employer (if listed) and provide a photo to be used on AAMPO social media channels, newsletters and other marketing materials as publicity for the challenge. Winners must also answer a survey provided by Alamo Commutes.
- Winners will be notified using the email associated with their Alamo Commutes account. If the potential winner does not respond within two (2) business days, they will forfeit their prize and another drawing will be conducted of eligible users. Social media challenge winners will be direct messaged on the social media platform they used. They must provide their email address for correspondence.
- The Alamo Area Metropolitan Planning Organization and its associated partners and vendors are released from any liability regarding challenge participation.
If you have any questions, email Lily Lowder at email@example.com.