The Alamo Commutes “Paws Your Commute” Challenge rewards commuters for working from home! Working from home, also known as telecommuting or telework, reduces traffic congestion, improves air quality and can improve quality of life – especially if you can spend it at home with a furry friend. Record your eligible telecommutes on Alamo Commutes between May 1 – 31 and you’ll be entered to win $300 worth of cash prizes! Plus, snap a picture of your work from home set-up (co-woofers optional) with the #PawsYourCommute and you’ll be entered to win! If Alamo Commutes users can record at least 2,000 telecommutes, our partner will donate $1,000 to the San Antonio Food Bank!
Create a free account with the Alamo Commutes app or website to create a profile and begin recording your trips. In order to be eligible, make sure that you’ve included an updated email address as well as your employer.
Once you’ve set up your Alamo Commutes profile, go to “Trips” select “Record a Trip”. Select “New Trip”, then “Telecommute” and check the days when you work from home. Select “Every week” to record your trips automatically.
Once you’ve started recording your telecommutes, you’re done! You can also redeem your points for other prizes and rewards. If you’ve recorded at least one telecommute within the challenge timeframe, you’ll be entered to win one of six $50 Visa gift cards.
Social Media Challenge
Alamo Commutes will conduct a special drawing using social media entries. From May 1-31, snap a picture of your work from home set-up and use the #PawsYourCommute. Each eligible post counts as one entry. Tag @AlamoAreaMPO on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and you’ll be entered to win a $50 gift card!
Rules & Guidelines
- Challenge Period: The Challenge will begin on May 1, 2020 and end at midnight on May 31, 2020. Trips must be recorded on Alamo Commutes before midnight on May 31 in order to be eligible.
- Eligibility: In order to be eligible, participants must work or live in any county within the Alamo Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (AAMPO) study area, which includes Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe and Kendall County.
- Entry Method: Participants must log carpool trips using the Alamo Commutes website or mobile app as seen on www.alamocommutes.org/rewards. For the social media challenge, only pictures posted on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram will be eligible as these are the only platforms used by the Alamo Area MPO.
- Eligible transportation modes include working from home only. Due to restrictions from COVID-19, telecommutes conducted in an alternate location (such as a public setting) will not be accepted.
- Prizes: In addition to the regular rewards offered through Alamo Commutes, telecommuters will be eligible for additional prizes. Alamo Commutes will be providing a total of $300 in prizes, divided into six $50 Visa gift cards that will be emailed to winners. Five gift cards will be distributed to users that have recorded their telecommutes on Alamo Commutes. One gift card will be distributed to the winner of the social media challenge.
- Terms and Conditions:
- Winners must agree to share their first name, employer (if listed) and provide a photo to be used on AAMPO social media channels, newsletters and other marketing materials as publicity for the challenge. Winners must also answer a survey provided by Alamo Commutes.
- Winners will be notified using the email associated with their Alamo Commutes account. If the potential winner does not respond within five (5) business days, they will forfeit their prize and another drawing will be conducted of eligible users. Social media challenge winners will be direct messaged on the social media platform they used. They must provide their email address for correspondence.
- The Alamo Area Metropolitan Planning Organization and its associated partners and vendors are released from any liability regarding challenge participation.
If you have any questions, email Lily Lowder at email@example.com.