Two Ways to Participate
Nowadays, people are biking more than ever! Whether it’s commuting to work on two wheels, exploring the trails, or biking to pick up dinner, we encourage you to explore all the different ways that you can bike there.
The Alamo Area Metropolitan Planning Organization is helping you to bike there with special challenges, prizes and activities. Log your bike trips on Alamo Commutes for the Bike There Challenge. Or explore your community on two wheels with the inaugural Bike There Scavenger Hunt. Participate in one or both and you’ll be entered to win one of six $50 gift cards!
Traditionally held in May, this year’s Bike Month (and Bike to Work Day) was postponed to September.
Bike There Challenge
Show us the power of your pedals! From September 1-30, the Bike There Challenge rewards residents for logging their cycling trips on Alamo Commutes. Participants will be entered to win one of four $50 gift cards.
Wondering what’s considered an eligible bike trip? Check out our Alamo Commutes FAQs!
Create a free account with the Alamo Commutes app or website. Build your user profile. In order to be eligible, make sure that you’ve included an updated email address.
If you already have an Alamo Commutes account, congrats! You’re almost there.
Once you’ve set up your Alamo Commutes profile, go to “Trips” select “Record a Trip”. Select “New Trip”, then under Mode, select “Bike”. Enter the origin and destination of your trip. Complete the details of your trip. If it’s part of your regular commute, you can set the trips to automatically record weekly.
Once you’ve started recording your bike trips, you’re done! You can also redeem your points for other prizes and rewards.
If you’ve recorded at least one bike trip within the challenge timeframe, you’ll be entered to win one of four (4) $50 Visa gift cards.
Rules & Guidelines
- Challenge Period: The Challenge will begin on September 1, 2020 and end at midnight on September 30, 2020. Trips must be recorded on the Alamo Commutes app or website before midnight on September 30 in order to be eligible.
- Eligibility: In order to be eligible, participants must live in any county within the Alamo Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (AAMPO) study area, which includes Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe and Kendall County.
- Entry Method: Participants must log bike trips using the Alamo Commutes website or mobile app as seen on www.alamocommutes.org/rewards.
- Eligible trips: Only bicycle trips are eligible. Bicycle trips can be commute or non-commute related, but must be for transportation and not recreation. For more examples of eligible versus non-eligible trips, review the Alamo Commutes FAQs.
- Prizes: In addition to the regular rewards offered through Alamo Commutes, cyclists will be eligible for additional prizes. Alamo Commutes will be providing a total of $200 in prizes, divided into four $50 gift cards that will be emailed to winners. Winners will be able to select the gift card of their choice from the available vendors on www.tangocard.com.
- Terms and Conditions:
- Winners must agree to share their first name and provide a photo to be used on AAMPO social media channels, newsletters and other marketing materials as publicity for the challenge. Winners must also answer a survey provided by Alamo Commutes.
- Winners will be notified using the email associated with their Alamo Commutes account. If the potential winner does not respond within five (5) business days, they will forfeit their prize and another drawing will be conducted of eligible users.
- The Alamo Area Metropolitan Planning Organization and its associated partners and vendors are released from any liability regarding challenge participation.
Bike There Scavenger Hunt
Take advantage of the cooler weather to visit interesting destinations in our region! From September 1 – November 30, visit at least three scavenger hunt locations, share your photos with us, and you’ll be entered to win one of two $50 gift cards.
Share your pictures of your biking adventures on Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram by tagging @AlamoAreaMPO and using the #BikeThereAlamoArea to win additional prizes!
Review the Scavenger Hunt map, select your locations, get your bike ready, and go on your adventure! On the map below, click on a pin to review routes to that destination.
Take a picture of you and your bike at the destination. Your bicycle must be in the picture! You must visit at least three (3) destinations on the Scavenger Hunt to be eligible for the prize.
Once you have visited your destinations, email email@example.com photos and names of the three locations you visited.
If you’ve recorded at least three (3) destinations on the Scavenger Hunt within the challenge timeframe and are a current member of the Alamo Commutes platform, you’ll be entered to win one of two (2) $50 gift cards.
Rules & Guidelines (.pdf)
If you have any questions, email Lily Lowder at firstname.lastname@example.org.