Calling all cyclists! Celebrate your love of biking – and win prizes – by participating in the National Bike Month Challenge. Record your bicycle trips on the free Alamo Commutes mobile app or website from May 1 to 31 and you’ll be entered to win one of six $50 gift cards.
What are you waiting for? Start riding, recording and winning!
To learn more about local Bike Month events, please our website at: www.alamoareampo.org/bikemonth
Create a free account with the Alamo Commutes app or website to create a profile and begin recording your bicycle trips. In order to be eligible, make sure that you’ve included an updated email address as well as your employer.
If you already have an Alamo Commutes account, congrats! You’re almost there.
Once you’ve set up your Alamo Commutes profile, go to “Trips” select “Record a Trip”. Select “New Trip”, then “Bike”. Select “Every week” to record your trips automatically, like if you bike to work every day.
Or you can sync Alamo Commutes with your Strava or UnderArmour account to automatically record your rides! On the Alamo Commutes mobile app, go to “Trips” then select your syncing options. You will be directed to log into that account and agree to share that data.
Once you’ve started recording your bicycle trips, you’re done! You can also redeem your points for other prizes and rewards.
If you’ve recorded at least one bicycle trip within the challenge timeframe, you’ll be entered to win one of six $50 Visa gift cards.
Rules & Guidelines
- Challenge Period: The Challenge will begin on May 1, 2021 and end at midnight on May 31, 2021. Trips must be recorded on the Alamo Commutes app or website before midnight on May 31 in order to be eligible.
- Eligibility: In order to be eligible, participants must live in any county within the Alamo Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (AAMPO) study area, which includes Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe and Kendall County.
- Entry Method: Participants must log their bicycle trips using the Alamo Commutes website or mobile app as seen on www.alamocommutes.org/rewards. Participants can manually record their trips on Alamo Commutes or use synced accounts with Under Armour or Strava.
- Eligible bicycle trips include commute and non-commute trips. However, recreational trips – such as driving to the trails for a ride and then driving home – are not eligible. Rides must have a transportation element.
- Prizes: In addition to the regular rewards offered through Alamo Commutes, challenge participants will be eligible for additional prizes. Alamo Commutes will be providing a total of $300 in prizes, divided into six $50 Visa gift cards that will be emailed to winners. The gift cards will be distributed to users that have recorded at least one bicycle trip during the challenge timeframe on Alamo Commutes.
- Terms and Conditions:
- Winners must agree to share their first name, employer (if listed) and provide a photo to be used on AAMPO social media channels, newsletters and other marketing materials as publicity for the challenge. Winners must also answer a survey provided by Alamo Commutes.
- Winners will be notified using the email associated with their Alamo Commutes account. If the potential winner does not respond within five (5) business days, they will forfeit their prize and another drawing will be conducted of eligible users.
- The Alamo Area Metropolitan Planning Organization and its associated partners and vendors are released from any liability regarding challenge participation.
If you have any questions, email Lily Lowder at email@example.com.