Welcome to Alamo Commutes’ “Multimodal Madness” Challenge! Get ready to score big on sustainable commuting throughout the month of March. We challenge you to take a multimodal approach to commuting—walk and bike, bike and bus, carpool and walk, and much more. Each week, we'll unveil a themed mode of transportation. Participate and record your trips using that week’s theme to earn extra points. From March 1 to March 31, log all your multimodal journeys to accumulate points and compete for prizes. Visit the Alamo Commutes website or download the mobile app to join the madness. By participating, you'll not only have a chance to win one of four $100 VISA gift cards but also make a positive transportation impact in the Alamo Area region. It's time to showcase your commitment to sustainable transportation in the region and inspire others to join the madness! Let the Multimodal Madness begin!
Follow these three steps to start:
Become an Alamo Commutes member by downloading the Alamo Commutes app or visiting the website to create a profile and begin recording your multimodal trips. In order to be eligible, make sure that you’ve included an updated email address as well as your employer.
Once you’ve set up your Alamo Commutes profile, go to “Trips” select “Record a Trip”. Select “New Trip”, then select your mode. Remember to be on the lookout for the themed mode of the week to earn more points that week.
You can also sync Alamo Commutes with your Strava or FitBit account to automatically record your trips! On the Alamo Commutes mobile app, go to “Trips” then select your syncing options. You will be directed to log into that account and agree to share that data.
Once you’ve started recording your trips, you’re done! The more multimodal trips you record in the app, the greater your chances of winning this month. Make sure to check your email, both main inbox and spam, once the month is over to see if you have won.
Rules & Guidelines
- Challenge Period:The Challenge will begin on March 1, 2024 and end at midnight on March 31, 2024. Trips must be recorded on the Alamo Commutes app or website before midnight on March 31 in order to be eligible.
- Eligibility: In order to be eligible, participants must live in any county within the Alamo Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (AAMPO) study area, which includes Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe and Kendall County.
- Entry Method: Participants must log their multimodal trips using the Alamo Commutes website or mobile app as seen on www.alamocommutes.org/rewards. Participants can manually record their trips on Alamo Commutes or use synced accounts with Strava, Fitbit or any other health app.
Eligible multimodal trips include commute and non-commute trips (example: such as walking or biking to a bus stop and then taking the bus to your destination) However, recreational trips – such as driving to the trails for a walk and then driving home – are not eligible.
- Eligible walking trips include commute and non-commute trips - such as walking to a neighbor grocery store or walking for lunch during a work break. However, recreational trips – such as driving to the trails for a walk and then driving home – are not eligible. Walking trips must have a transportation element.
- Prizes: In addition to the regular rewards offered through Alamo Commutes, challenge participants will be eligible for additional prizes. Alamo Commutes will be providing a total of $400 in prizes, divided into 4 $100 gift cards. The gift cards will be distributed to users that participated during the challenge time frame on Alamo Commutes.
- Terms and Conditions:
- Winners must agree to share their first name, employer (if listed) and provide a photo to be used on AAMPO social media channels, newsletters and other marketing materials as publicity for the challenge. Winners must also answer a survey provided by Alamo Commutes. Winners will be notified using the email associated with their Alamo Commutes account. If the potential winner does not respond within five (5) business days, they will forfeit their prize and another drawing will be conducted of eligible users.
- The Alamo Area Metropolitan Planning Organization and its associated partners and vendors are released from any liability regarding challenge participation.
If you have any questions, email Zack Magallanez at Magallanez@alamoareampo.org.